Dr. Fred MacDonald at the Centre's grand opening ceremony in March 2003.
|The Covenant Health Research Centre (CHRC) formally commenced operations in March 2003. Prior to that research was performed independently at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital, Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre and Misericorida Community Hospital. Since 2008, the CHRC has provided research services to all Covenant Health sites.|
What Do We Do?
The Covenant Health Research Centre leads Covenant Health's efforts to integrate research into practice, develop partnerships, facilitate inquiry and promote innovation in alignment with Covenant Health's Mission, Vision, Values and strategic directions.
Specifically the CHRC consults with and assists researchers by:
- facilitating operational/administrative approvals at Covenant Health;
- offering a $5,000.00 research grant;
- offering access to an in-house Grant Writer;
- developing multi-disciplinary teams;
- developing Knowledge Transfer (KT) plans and offering opportunities for KT at Covenant Health (i.e. Research Day, "Covenant Health Research" publication);
- Identifying opportunities for research education;
- consulting and sourcing information as required to develop research projects; and
- advocating through pan-Alberta research groups.
The CHRC strategic focus is on:
- Vulnerable Populations, including Addictions and Mental Health Services, Seniors Care, as well as Palliative and End of Life Care;
- developing Multi-disciplinary teams;
- supporting New Researchers.
The Covenant Health Research Centre is staffed by:
- Administrative Assistant;
- Peter Tian, Grant Writer;
- Mary-Ann Clarkes, Manager.
R07-3 Cabrini Centre (R Floor)
Misericordia Community Hospital 16940 - 87 Avenue, EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA T5R 4H5
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 08:00-16:00 hrs (8AM-4PM)
Phone: (780) 735-2274
Fax: (780) 735-2674